Wednesday, July 10, 2013

There's Nothing Like the Open Ocean

I was at college (that wasn't the one I go to in real life), in a math class that was stupidly simple. I spent my time tutoring a boy in there who I thought was becoming my friend. I learned differently when he invited me over to his apartment on campus. It was very dark when I went in so I didn't see him when he came up behind me and gagged me so I couldn't scream. He tied my hands behind my back and ripped off all of my clothes but my underwear. He told me we were going to have sex. I groaned in refusal and shook my head. He dragged me up the stairs and sat me down on the floor and slapped me. He told me he was going to take a piss. When he was done, he told me it was my turn and that I was to come into his bedroom with my underwear off or else he would kill me and then screw me.

He untied my hands and I went into the bathroom. I locked the door behind me, not that it would do any good since it was only a half a door. I untied the gag but I didn't have to pee, so I just stood there, staring at myself in the mirror... 

About a minute had gone by and I knew I was running out of time and had to think of something, when an old couple walked into the apartment looking for their son. The mother came upstairs calling his name. She poked her head into the bathroom and I pointed to the bedroom and mouthed the word "help". But he didn't. She ran down the stairs screaming "gypsy!" I started to panic and ran after her. In a full sprint, I went down the stairs, grabbed a shirt, and flew out the door. I could hear him on my heels so I didn't stop.

Eventually I knew I had outrun him but still I was too afraid to stop... I ended up tripping on an uneven slab of concrete but someone caught me... I looked up and it was a drop dead gorgeous man. He was tall, had a beautiful face with some dirty blonde chin whiskers that matched the short hair on his head. He had rippling muscles under his plain blue t shirt that brought out the blue in his eyes He asked me if I was alright. I started to sob. The gorgeous man walked me back to my apartment and helped me get into the shower, because I was disgusting. He was a complete gentleman and waited all the way outside my apartment until I was finished and dressed. Then he offered to take me out to dinner. Of course I accepted. 

The dream skipped ahead about a month, maybe two. I was walking down the sidewalk to meet my new boyfriend and some another couple he's friends with, when I saw the stupid boy who had taken me hostage in his apartment. He was just staring at me, smiling. I started to jog and almost immediately caught up to my boyfriend and his friends. Apparently I looked spooked because they all asked me if I saw a ghost or something. I told them no, I just needed a drink, and put on my best fake smile. My boyfriend grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight because he knew it was fake. (Here I noticed there was something very familiar about his hands...) When he walked me back to my apartment he made me tell him what happened. That was when I told him everything that had happened. Them he insisted we leave immediately. 

The dream skipped ahead to us, on a cruise. My immediate family was there, so was his uncle, his cousin, and his cousins girlfriend, which ended up being awful because his cousin was my abusive ex. We all went into a restaurant where my mom and I couldn't eat anything. We bought everyone drinks so we were still allowed to go in and sit with everyone. We were the last to go in so everyone had already sat down. I sat down and kissed my boyfriend... (That was when I consciously realized it was a version of my real life boyfriend. He kissed the same, had the same hands, and the same family). In the dream, I started to panic because I didn't want to sit at the same table as my ex. I told my boyfriend that as I got up to get drinks and he took care of that while I was gone. When I came back, my ex and his girlfriend were sitting by themselves. 

After we ate, we all went outside on deck. We all found a spot against the railing and looked over the side. I made my boyfriend switch with me when my ex ended up directly next to me. My mom shouted that someone should take a picture, so my boyfriend's uncle jumped in the water and took one of us. Everyone was so engrossed in what he was doing that my boyfriend and I were able to sneak off on our own. 

We sat down in these rows of benches. He was in the one behind me and I was turned around so I could talked to him. I told him I needed a drink (because being around his family was exhausting). He very seriously stared at me and told me he was not going to be in a relationship with someone who drank because his deadbeat dad was an alcoholic. I climbed over the bench and knelt on the floor in front of him. I grabbed both of his hands, looked him in his gorgeous green and blue eyes, and promised him I wouldn't do anything to risk losing him. He let go of my hands, gently placed his hands on my cheeks and neck, and pulled me in to kiss him.

When he broke away from me, we stood up and hugged... I looked over his shoulder and his cousin was right there, just staring. I let go of my boyfriend and his cousin told me he wanted to talk to me. My boyfriend said, "Well, go ahead. What is it?"

His cousin replied, "I want to talk to her 
alone."

"Well that isn't going to happen," my boyfriend told him. Then he grabbed my hand as led us back to the rail where he wrapped his strong arms around me and kissed me. 

That was when I woke up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment