Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's the End of the World and We Know It

My family and I were on the run. The apocalypse was coming and we were looking for a safe haven. We took a brown train with brown curtains and brown floors to a town. We had snuck on the train so we kept having to hide from the authorities who were looking for us. 
Eventually we made it to what we called our safe zone. It was a cute little town with a lot of trees and a lot of people. We found a cute little house with a backyard that was open to everyone else's backyard, like in a lot of retirement communities. We stayed there for awhile and got to know our neighbors a bit. I was the most adventurous and got to know the most people. 
When my birthday rolled around, my mom invited over all of our family. We were all just hanging out and talking. At one point we were all hanging out in the kitchen, getting food ready, and I knocked over my water and it got all over the place. That was how I found where my mom was hiding all of my birthday cards. They were all in the bottom of the hanging fabric tube thing that holds grocery bags. I remember thinking that was pretty clever and I never would have found them otherwise. 
After I cleaned up, I got to open the cards. It was kind of like I was really tired and fading in and out of consciousness. I would open two and then black out. I would open two more and then black out again. 
When I was finally finished, I took my mom out back to show her this guy's elephant. She was only as tall as my mom and I and she was very cute and very sweet. She let us pet her and she rubbed up against us like a cat... But while were out there, the sky turned black and red. We knew it was starting. We ran inside and told everyone to grab their bags and run to the town's emergency shelter (which also functioned as the town's Home Depot/grocery store). 
We all made it there just fine, but something went wrong once we got there... People started to turn on one another and we had to fight off other trying to kill us. We were all separated and fending for ourselves, so I had no idea if anyone else was okay... But I was doing just fine. I scaled one of the shelves and was able to defend myself from higher ground.
Eventually people started to calm down, but I knew it wasn't over. When my (extremely strong) boyfriend showed up, we made a plan. He would hide behind a box and I would draw in their leader and my boyfriend would kill him. So my boyfriend hid, and drew in the leader. When he was walking toward me, he started talking about how this isn't what he wanted at all and it was just a big misunderstanding. He ended up surrendering very loudly and the authorities came and grabbed him and took him away. I ran back to my boyfriend and he ran to me. He picked me up, spun me around, and kissed me. Then I woke up. Now I'm just going to assume that my entire family was fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment