Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Don't Really Want To

I was in college, living in a dorm with a big group of high school friends. I had a cute little set up with curtains in my corner of the room. I spent a lot of time studying and not enough time with my friends. I missed out on going to the pool with them and then on dinner. But I didn't really want to spend anymore time with them anyway. I was already living with them. 
At some point I got a call from a girlfriend on my high school track team. She told me they were having this big competition for all of the people who had just graduated and that my coach wanted me there. I told her I would be there and called my mom to talk to her about. She told me she would rent a hotel room and we would all go together.
When we got to the hotel a storm was rolling in. It got unbelievably windy and started to pour. We had to kill time until we could leave, so we spent some time exploring. We ended up finding this room called the veil room. It was free to anyone who wanted it as long as they wore a bridal veil provided by the owners of the hotel. I don't know if the veil did something or if it was a humiliation thin or what. It was just a little odd. 
When the storm died down I went up to my room to change. At that point I didn't really want to go so I changed clothes about five times. 
By the time we got to the meet, it had been going on for several hours. I went over to the pit and found out they weren't jumping in any kind of order so I would just wait until the end when there were less people in a flight. I decided to warm up by running around the field. There were so many other sports participating in things that day it was hard to run anywhere. Very time I passed some kind of object (like a giant tree house or bleachers or a statue) there were people falling all over them.
Eventually I finished my lap and went to talk to my jumping coach, but he was on the phone. While I was waiting for him to be done I woke up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment